A cookie is a small packet of information sent from a website to your browser when you visit it. Your cache is your browser's memory of websites you have visited to help load those websites faster when you visit them again. Clearing your browser's cookies and cache can solve some technical problems you may encounter when using the Online Library.
To clear cookies in Google Chrome, please follow these steps:
1) Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the screen
2) Click 'More tools' and then 'Clear browsing data'
3) Select the time range (select 'All time' if you want to be sure to remove the problematic cookie)
4) Untick 'Browsing history' if you wish
5) Click 'Clear data'
To clear your cookies in Firefox, please follow these steps:
1) Click the menu button (the three horizontal lines in the top right corner)
2) Click 'Library'
3) Click 'History' and then 'Clear recent history'
4) Set the time range to 'Everything'
5) Make sure the boxes next to cookies and cache are ticked, and untick other boxes if you wish
6) Click 'Clear now'
To clear your cookies in Internet Explorer, please follow these steps:
1) Click on 'Tools' in the top right corner
2) Click 'Safety' and then 'Delete browsing history'
3) Make sure 'Cookies and website data' is ticked, then click 'Delete'
To clear your cookies in Safari, please follow these steps:
1) Click ‘Safari’ in the top left corner of the screen and then ‘Preferences’
2) Click ‘Privacy’
3) Click ‘Remove all website data’
4) Click ‘Remove now’ to confirm
To clear your cookies in Microsoft Edge, please follow these steps:
1) Click on the three dots in the top right corner
2) Click 'Settings'
3) Under the 'Privacy & security' tab, click the 'Choose what to clear' button
4) Make sure 'Cookies and saved website data' and 'Cached data and files' are ticked
5) Click 'Clear'
If you still have problems after clearing your cookies and cache, you may want to try another browser and if possible another device. Please contact the Online Library Enquiry Service if you need any help.